Monday, September 14, 2009

Coffee Spots!

Let's recap, shall we? We've got indoor plumbing? Check. Central air conditioning? Check. Automatic dishwasher? Check. Telephone access ANYWHERE? Check. Streaming video and Internet access on those wireless telephones anywhere? Check.

Can someone harness all of this technology and provide me with an electric drip coffeemaker in my home with a decanter that doesn't drip all over the place? Please.

No, really, I mean it!

We've got the power to create spandex pants that can stretch beyond imagination, yet every time I pour a simple cup of java my coffee pot splashes the precious liquid everywhere. My kitchen looks like a war zone after only two cups.

I've tried everything. I mimic both the long pour and the tight cup hold that I've seen in diners. To no avail.

I've sampled a variety of coffee pots from several manufacturers. We're still making messes at my house.

It's a personal mission now. Not only am I sick of the mess, but I'm ridiculously frustrated that I haven't been able to conquer this challenge.

Someone out there must have the secret. Help me save my white porcelain sink from those ugly brown stains. How do I make this dream a reality? How do I stop the senseless wasting of innocent coffee? Anyone?

And, to my friends at Mr. Coffee, if you are listening, the least you could do is consider a cross promotion with Lysol wipes. It would take some of the sting out of this mess!

5 comments:

Kat said...

This is my excuse for why I don't bring Mike coffee. I can't pourit without spilling it. Mike can't touch it without breaking it. One would think this could be rectified. Ugh!

chefjen said...

ok, so when we bought our house, we had the uggliest, dingiest, most inefficient coffee maker "left" for us. I didn't drink coffee and hated the yellowing monstrocity...but, I kept it b/c I thought I should. Someone might stay the night here (not that we have a free bed for crying out loud). But, one never knows.... I used it a few times and it worked fine. Made coffee, poured coffee...done. But, it was ugly and I sold it in a garage sale. Then, last year, I earned a brand-spankin' NEW Krups coffee maker from some sales promo with Pamp Chef. Super. Love it. I now drink a sissy version of coffee (coffee with an entire packet of hot chocolate in it). I felt so grown up....beautiful black coffee maker with all kinds of fancy doo-dads..... But, it frickin' leaks all over when you pour the dang thing. I've tried tilting, burning my fingers as I lift the top slightly as I pour. stupid pot. Pours coffee on my dogs food every time! Now I have to give Moxie (an already berserk Black Lab) prozak just to balance her out! ugh

Kim S. said...

Hi Maureen --

Had the exact same problem, but solved it with a Cuisinart model DCC-1200:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-1200-Central-Coffeemaker-Stainless/dp/B00005IBX9

Works like a charm -- no leaks. If you have issues with this one, it must be operator error :)

Pat said...

The perfect solution -- Star Bucks!

Pat Fitz

Jim in GR said...

chefjen- I've never known anyone else to give full appreciation to the mocacino as I used to. Just watch your intake, the dang things pack on the calories!